Thursday, December 4, 2008

Big, bigger, RSNA

During my last week in the US it was time for the highlight of my research year: the Annual Meeting of the Radiological Society of North America in Chicago, with nearly 70000 visitors the biggest conference for medical professionals in the world.


On Tuesday I walked in the entrance hall and was overwhelmed - a huge complex of five buildings, crowed with thousands of very professional looking people. I felt lost and sometimes I wished that some nice person came to pick me up at the "lost and found" counter where I seemed to belong best as maybe the youngest participant.




Two of my abstracts got accepted and I was scheduled to present them on Wednesday and Thursday in front of an audience that might be as big as a couple of hundred people.
In the end it weren't that many, but still I was very nervous and super happy and relieved when it was over successfully.

No comments: