
End of May it was time for the last of the radiology meetings where my work from Boston got accepted for presentation.
This time it was in Berlin and luckily enough it was during the weekend of the 60th birthday of the Republic of Germany and a big party took part in the German capital in front of the Brandenburger Tor, the place where the wall formerly divided Germany and Berlin in an eastern and western part.
There I even saw the German Chancellor and the German President in person and a lot of other people of influence.Now in my memories my stay in Berlin seems to be a dream.
A couple of days before the meeting I was notified that my poster had won a price and that I was allowed to present it during the poster session.
I was also nominated for the Young Investigator Award and a jury consisting of the heads of radiology departments from the most recommended university hospitals in Germany like Heidelberg decided to give me a special award for my PhD thesis. I am invited to attend the meeting next year again free of charge.
On the last evening of the conference I was invited to the formal dinner of the Head of the Conference who was also the Head of the Radiology Department of my home university of Tübingen. For me it was a big surprise that I really enjoyed the evening among all those professors.
A very good friend of mine from Tübingen and the US (we went to Toronto and the Niagara Falls together) lives in Berlin now and I could stay with her. Together with her roommate we had perfect evenings going out and enjoying the party at the Brandenburger Tor.
Thank you so much, Annika, for your hospitality and the great time in Berlin!
No comments:
Post a Comment