Photo and quotes retrieved from http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html?id=856334

There was no clear winner of this debate, at least not for the average listener - you really had to stay with the conversation the whole time to remember the question that was originally asked and that was then more or less skillfully turned by Sarah Palin onto a field she was familiar with - literally the family ;-)
Now I know that she never earned more than 250 000 dollars a year (before the run for vice president) and that her grandfather, daddy and brother are teachers. But I am not convinced that she fundamentally knows what is going on in politics.
Palin's answer on a question about the financial crisis:
"Darn right it was the predator lenders who tried to talk Americans into buying a $300,000 house if we could only buy a $100,000 house. The Joe Six Pack, hockey moms across the nation, we need to band together and say never again. Never again will we be exploited."
Or her answer to the question if she believes that the handling of the situation in Isreal was a failure of the current US administration: (I don't remember the exact words) yes, you know, hmmmm ...... but what I am really interested in is our common love for this country in the middle-east. Let's talk about that
My favorite of her slips of the tongue definitely was: "Yes, he [McCain] is ready to leave,...... hm lead."
Yes, you see, kind of biased:
Biden is maybe not the obvious winner of this debate, but people who really listened to what he was saying heard that his words contained fundamental knowledge and experience.
And what did I learn?
Maybe I found out how to achieve an incredible mark in my oral state exam next year. I just need to improve my skills on how to turn questions in the right direction, so that they do not cover a black hole in my knowledge, but let me show my extraordinary excellence in some very tiny field of medicine (for example Imaging techniques for metastatic spread in breast cancer ;-) )
No comments:
Post a Comment