Monday, November 17, 2008

Work


Preparations for my first conference...... maybe this presentation was even more challenging than the true one in Chicago in two weeks. Even if it was only a "rehearsal", a couple of important people came - like my supervisor, some other attendings and the head of department.
But everything went perfectly well, I got a lot of compliments and also some very good comments on how to further improve my talk and interesting questions. Although I could not answer all of them, I now know what further results of my work I have to look up again and memmorize.

Besides that I try to finish as many projects as possible before I leave:
- inflammatory bowel disease and colorectal cancer. After looking at hundreds of patients I now try to write up the paper within the next two weeks.
- volume measurements: this project was so challenging for my laptop that it needed a little outside help from a new extended work memory. This project also only needs to be written up during the upcoming days.
- renal cancer: a project just started a few days ago, now already on the home stretch. But the most difficult thing is about to come - the time of my supervisor to proofread images.
- and the very last: my contribution on a book chapter dealing with the highlight of MGH radiology research - ultrasmall superparamagnetic iron oxide

A lot to do for only a couple of days....

No comments: