After waiting, running to the connecting flight in New York, waiting again, sitting in the plane for hours, worrying about my luggage that I had expected not to be as fast as me at JFK, an interesting conversation with a young Spanish resident sitting next to me, arriving again delayed at Madrid Barajas, traveling by subway, traveling by bus for hours......
I finally arrived in Salamanca, that amazing university city somewhere in the middle of nowhere between Madrid and the Portuguese border.

And it is somehow unreal: I already know the city from my last stay during summer two years ago, but now it is spring, Spanish spring. And that makes it possible to spend a beautiful evening sitting short-sleeved at the river I used to know as grey-brown dead land stripe cutting the city into two parts, now in the warm Spanish sun worrying about getting burned by the spring sun and realizing that I forgot something very important in Boston - my sunglasses.
And during the entry-level test I realized something else:
tengo un little problem hablar nur in una language.....
My host family (an awesome Spanish couple treating me like one of their children (they moved out a few years ago) and a Taiwanese guy - Thomas - of my age) is amazing, unbelievable friendly, great meals, lots of fun....
Thomas came here seven months ago and is really something like a son - and I am an additional daughter missing for the perfect family.
And I got the course I wanted with my favourite teacher. More about him after the first lessons.
It will be a great month.
No comments:
Post a Comment