Friday, April 11, 2008

Plans in the Rain

During a long long week with lots of rain (and it is still raining) I had time to learn and work, to enjoy life in a family especially the funny part of it with my "brother" Thomas from Taiwan, and time to make plans and start organizing.

One result of this organizing is that I will visit my beautiful home country Germany next week for exactly 26 hours for only one reason: having once again the pleasure of experiencing the amazing friendliness of the Americans working at the US embassy. Especially those in the Visa Issuing Department are worth this travel :-(
After some confusion with contradicting information from the embassy in Madrid, the embassy in Munich and finally the one in Frankfurt it was clear that I have to fly to Germany. And it's cheaper to fly from Spain than from the US when I returned.

And in the rain I had some nice ideas on where I could go in my few free weeks in summer when I first must leave the US to be allowed to reenter after some time.

No comments: