On Saturday morning - my birthday - I went shopping to get some additional things for my BBQ and right in front of the grocery store, my bike had another flat - the second one within 3 weeks.
I was really mad, I had just spent 60 Dollars to get the bike fixed. But later it was a beautiful day: a nice brunch with homemade pancakes and a beautiful birthday BBQ in the evening with all my friends.
Just the next day, when I brought my bike to the bike store, I got into a terrible never-ending T-storm. I was on Harvard bridge and after having passed half of it the wind changed its direction, so that I ended up completely soaked, only my face was still dry thanks to my umbrella. This itself was not the problem, it had been awfully hot for days and I even enjoyed to get wet. But unfortunately my cell phone didn't enjoy it at all. Or maybe it did - I am not a cell phone, so I don't know. But in the evening it refused to show me the numbers stored in the phone memory, even worse, after a while it crashed completely.
Now I have a new cell phone and started to ask all my friends to send me their numbers again.
Tuesday I went to the noon conference at work and on my way I wanted to pick up my fixed bike. But what a surprise: they had forgotten to fix it! But friendly enough they fixed it instantly and didn't charge me for doing it ;-)
Now I had exactly 10 min to speed to the conference and I really made it in time. But after a couple of minutes of a very interesting well structured presentation the emergency lights started blinking and the siren started hauling. No one cared about it, it was not the first time - but after a while fully dressed firemen walked into the room and kicked us out. It was a false alarm, but it finished a very good lecture just after the introduction and make me loose a lot of time that I could have spent studying or even relaxing ;-)
Coming home from the lecture I found this in my mailbox:

And a few minutes later another one:

(For all of you who don't speak Spanish fluently, the English version:)

My greatest wish came true: I can take the second part of my final year of Med School in Spain as an Erasmus exchange student. I will be in Alicante from December 15th 2008 until April 5th 2009.
No worrying about formalities, no visa issue, help with accommodation and close enough to Germany to fly home for Christmas!
And it was again a week of Good Byes.
Saying Good Bye to Sara who stayed with her boyfriend Dave for two and a half months before she left for Bangladesh now. Sara, it was so great meeting you and having you as a housemate. I will never forget our BBQs! I wish you all the best for your year in Bangladesh. Have a great time! And keep in touch, I am so curious about your experiences!
And saying Good Bye to Carolina who was subletting one of our rooms for a little more than one months. Carolina, even if it was only such a short time that we lived together, it was great and will be the start of a beautiful friendship. I wish you a great start in your new job. And see you in Spain in winter!
No comments:
Post a Comment